Saturday, September 10, 2005

My First Blog Post!

It's 2:00 a.m. in Boise, Idaho and I'm wondering why I'm sitting here blogging when I should be getting some shut eye. Tomorrow (or later today I should say) is an outing to Art in the Park, an event hosted by the Boise Art Museum. Craftspersons and artists from all over the Pacific Northwest come to Boise the 2nd weekend in September to sell their wares.

It marks the first official Christmas shopping weekend of the year and is a very exciting event to attend. I always find lots of wonderful gifts for my friends and family. I also usually find lots of wonderful gifts for myself as well... LOL!

I'm addicted to art glass and some of the most gifted glass blowers come from the Pacific Northwest so it's always fun to see who puts in an appearance at Art in the Park and to check out what wondrous glass creations they have brought with them.... I can't wait!

When I'm not blogging (like this isn't my first post... LOL!) I am usually found right here at my computer working away on my web designs. I specialize in designing eBay stores and listing templates, as well as eBay 'about me' pages. I also enjoy creating logos for eBay sellers to display in their Stores and auction listings.

I started out helping on the eBay Community Photos/HTML Board. Sellers post questions regarding their HTML code and ask for help designing logos. I was a board junkie and loved to help whenever possible. So many of the Community members posted that I should start charging for my work that I decided I might just try it to see what happens... the rest is history.

I now have my own eBay Store, Lesley's Auction Template Designs. I sell custom Store landing pages, listing templates, custom 'about me' pages, web design packages and other related web design services for eBay sellers and buyers.

I enjoy the work very much and love meeting sellers from all over the world and helping them to look more professional and achieve that all-important internet identity branding. I have heard from many of my previous clients that their eBay makeover helped them to increase sales dramatically and that they love their new custom look.

If you are interested in what I do for my clients, you can check out some of my work on the following pages... very graphic intensive so beware if you are on dial-up...
Custom storefronts I designed...
Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page4, Page 5.
Listing templates I designed... Page 1
Examples of logos and banners... Page 1
Custom 'about me' pages... Page 1, Page 2, Page 3.

I also have my own website... Zoicks.com. I originally started my website just to have a place to keep all my Russell Crowe pics and share them with any other fanatic out there. Once I became involved in the eBay Community Boards, I started posting hints and tips for eBay sellers and my website has kind of evolved from there.

There is a practice board, a mix 'n' match template creator with lots of beautiful borders to choose from, a color chart and background color selector, as well as lots of useful links geared toward helping the eBay seller make a success of his business.

I have now been blogging for over half an hour, so I think I will continue this tomorrow evening. If you happen to find this rambling first attempt at blogging, feel free to comment... I welcome your thoughts.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Lesley

4 comments:

Webkinz Plush Pets Blog said...

Hi Lesley: Congratulations on your blog, it's about time you started blogging (lol). I really enjoyed reading your first post, you did a terrific job as usual. When you get a minute you can visit my blog: http://mintbeaniescollectibles.blogspot.com If you would like to exchange links let me know, that would be great. Talk to you soon.
Elaine

Ajay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ajay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ajay said...

Hi Lesley :)
congratulations!! Im very happy to see your new blog! Lots of good luck and lots of success with your work, I’m sure you’ll reach new heights! Lesley you are welcome for link exchange,SEO and web services.
Ajay
aupadhyay014.hws@gmail.com
Website:http://www.hunka.in/ Blog:http://hunka.wordpress.com/